Research Financial Services
To provide professional administrative and accounting support to the faculty, staff
and students who are involved in various research activities at Texas Southern University.
Research Financial Services is a department within the Office of Research, which
functions as an accounting, as well as, an administrative office. This office is
responsible for the post-award administration of grants, contracts, cooperative agreements,
and all other forms of sponsored programs awarded to the University.
- Coordinating the preparation and negotiation of the University's Facilities and Administrative
(F&A) Cost Rate
- Assisting in the preparation and the review of proposal expenditure budgets for correct
- Cost sharing funds identification
- Verifying accuracy of budget calculations.
- Training and assisting Principal Investigators, Project Directors, and their Administrative
Staff regarding fiscal policies and procedures
- Establishing General Ledger (G/L) fund numbers in the Banner System for each sponsored
- Budget set up and approval
- Budget transfers
- Compliance review of all transactions on grants and contracts
- Monitoring cash position
- Preparing and submitting Financial Status Reports (FSR's)
- The close-out of all sponsored projects