Learn How to Help and Refer
The University Counseling Center offers a free online resource, at-risk Kognito,
to help you:
- Notice when friends are showing signs of stress and learn how to talk about it.
- Practice bringing up your concerns for your friend.
- Learn how to motivate your friend to seek help.
If you have a friend you are concerned about, participate in this FREE online training
simulation to learn effective referral techniques to help and refer.
To take the course, follow the instructions below:
Useful Links and Resources
- Helping a Distressed Student
- Guide for College Students
- Study Skills Presentation
- Substance Abuse Workshop
- Coping With Grief & Loss
- Free Alcohol Screening
- If your answers suggest that your current drinking is likely harmful to your health,
please contact the University Counseling Center and one of our trained professionals can help you develop healthier practices.
- Sexual Assault
- Domestic Violence/ Abusive Relationships
- Drug and Alcohol Annual Report (PDF)
- PSA Videos
- TSU Wesley Foundation