TSU Office of General Counsel
TrademarksTrademark Licensing Application Checklist
Overview | License Application Checklist | Nonexclusive License Application Form
TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING TO THE OFFICE OF GENERAL COUNSEL:
1. A completed License Application,
2. A signed and dated License Application and Agreement,
3. A check for $50 payable to Texas Southern University,
4. A certificate of product liability insurance from a carrier rated B+ or better, naming TSU as an additional insured, in the amount of One Million ($1,000,000) Dollars per occurrence; and
5. A representative sample of your product for quality approval, and your TSU designs for design approval. We will also need a TSU product sample before you begin manufacture and sales.
6. Annual minimum royalty fee of $300.00 for apparel companies, $150.00 for all others.
When both your application and your representative product are approved, we will return a fully executed agreement to you.
For more information, contact the Office of General Counsel, Hannah Hall 310, Texas Southern University, 3100 Cleburne, Houston, Texas 77004, 713-313-7950, fax (713)313-1906. We will be happy to answer any questions you have about TSU’s licensing program. We look forward to hearing from you.