Aquatic's Policies and Procedures
All members (and their children) must enter through the ID Check Station using their ID card. Thank you for your compliance in this matter as we strive to increase safety and customer service at the Recreation Center.
Pool Policies & Procedures
- Diving blocks are not to be used unless under the direct supervision of a lifeguard or other certified instructor.
- The trampoline equipment is not permitted for use.
- All swimmers must take showers before entering the pool in order to comply with the State Health Code.
- Kickboards and pull buoys will be available for use. These items are to be placed, not thrown, back in the storage bin.
- All swimmers will enter the lap pool from the ends only. No diving is permitted from the sides unless in the diving well. Feet first entry is allowed in the lap pool.
- No street shoes are permitted on deck.
- The circle pattern, swimming on the right hand side of the lane, going down and back, will be used during lap swimming.
- Goggles, kickboards, pull buoys, swimming stroke paddles, and other endurance swimming apparatus are allowed. The Aquatic Director must authorize the use of a diving mask.
- Flotation devices or inflatable toys are allowed in the recreational areas.
- We do not allow water wings or other inflatable devices for non-swimmers. The reasoning is simple; if they are inflatable, they are also deflateable.
- Cut-offs or gym trunks are not considered suitable swimming attire.
- Lane lines will be used only as safety lines in case of an emergency. There will be no hanging allowed on the lane lines at any other time.
Participants will not enter the pool deck area until a Lifeguard is on duty.