The Department of Research Funding and Pre-Award Services provides a full range of assistance to faculty, staff and administrators in obtaining and administering funding from non-University sources to support Texas Southern University's research and scholarly activities.
These services include:
- Identifying a potential source of external funding (Federal, State, Local, and Private) for extramural research and scholarly activities.
- Assisting in obtaining appropriate program guidelines and forms.
- Reviewing proposals for compliance with University policies and agency terms.
- Assisting faculty and staff with proposal editing and budget review
- Overseeing the transmittal of proposals to funding agencies in a timely manner.
- Assisting with obtaining institutional approvals.
- Preparing and negotiating subcontracts for those projects containing these requirements.
- Maintaining databases of proposal submissions and awards.
- Presenting proposal/grant-related workshops for faculty and staff.
- Serving as a resource for questions regarding all aspects non-financial research administration