ACE EXAM Preparatory Personal Training Course
Learn the skills necessary to become a certified personal trainer! The Practical Personal
Training Course will provide students with the information, education, and practical
experience needed to become a personal trainer.
The Practical Personal Training Course consists of extensive practical and theoretical
training, including anatomy and kinesiology, exercise physiology, fitness assessments,
training techniques, client program design, safety and injury prevention, and an introduction
to special populations. This course is designed to prepare attendees to take a nationally
recognized certification exam.
Click on the additional information sections below to expand additional information:
- 48 hours of practical and theoretical training (6 week course meet 2 days out the week)
- Educational Handouts and Personal Training Resources*
- Adult CPR, AED, & First Aid American Red Cross Certification
- Certificate of Completion
- Preparation for a National Certification Exam
- Lead by Certified Fitness Professionals
TSU Affiliates (Students, Faculty/ Staff) $375
Non-TSU Affiliates: $ 750
Total Payment is due on or before the first day of class. (Money Order, Check, or
Credit Card Accepted)
Expectations upon Completion of Prep Course:
- Candidates must successfully complete the course with a score of 75% or better on
the in house test and must have at least an 80% attendance record in order to be considered
for the internship program.
- Once the Candidate has been accepted they must complete a 50hr. supervised internship.
The candidate will have 3 months to attempt the National Certification Exam, during
which time will remain under supervision.
Expectations after Taking the Exam:
- You will receive an ACE certification by scoring 75% or better. ( score of 500-800)
once certification is received you will be granted the freedom to perform normal duties
as a personal trainer unsupervised and receiving full 70% of all client sales.
- Scoring 70% on the exam you will be able to perform fitness assessments unsupervised,
and one on one training must be supervised with you receiving 50% of client sale and
the assigned trainer supervisor receiving 20% of your client sales. Study sessions
with a certified trainer will be required.
- Scoring 65% and below on the exam you will continue to be supervised on all personal
training duties and required to go through study sessions with a Certified trainer.
You will receive 30% of client sales and the recreation center receiving the other
Attire: Casual workout gear
Course Material Needed: Pen, Notebook paper, three-ring binder
* Optional Material: ACE Personal Trainer Manual (4th ed.) - $54 dollars on ACE Website
|ace registration form (click here)
To make payment for the course or more information, please contact Program Coordinator
William Hamilton at (713) 313-7489.