When conducting research, it is important to integrate your sources accurately into
your paper. Research includes library research, internet research, field research,
case studies, analyses of statitics and questionnaires. Research must be credited
and documented according to established rules. Several styles have been adapted for
different disciplines which notify readers when ideas other than your own have been
used in your paper.
Citing Sources and Avoiding Plagiarism
Many different types of media can be documented as sources, including:
You should always credit work that is not your own. Make sure to include an in-text
citation and citation entry for all:
- Published and unpublished writings.
- Statistics or facts that are not widely known.
- Images, such as artwork, charts, graphs, or advertisements.
- Interviews, letters, or e-mail letters.
- Television, movies, videos, or websites.
- Direct quotes.
Citing Guideline and Additional Links