Texas Southern Foundation Mission Statement
The purpose of the Foundation is to support the parent institution of higher learning known as Texas Southern University, hereinafter referred to as “University.” Such support includes but is not limited to the following:
- Securing funds for all legitimate purposes of the University;
- Receiving, investing, distributing and accounting for all funds belonging to the Foundation;
- Giving support both materially and through encouragement to the enhancement of the University, its programs, its students, its staff and its faculty;
- Providing suitable recognition of the achievements of students and alumni;
- Creating and fostering a sense of pride and spirit among the students and the alumni of the University, and;
- Such other purposes as may be appropriate.
The Foundation shall be operated exclusively for the purposes set forth above except that the Foundation shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for legitimate and approved services rendered and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of such purposes. No part of its earnings shall inure to the benefit of any Trustee, Officer or other private person.