How To Instructions
|Cisco Jabber Installation||To access an office phone from the computer while physically away from the computer.||How To Install Cisco Jabber|
|Use Jabber Soft Phone||To receive/make calls to/from your TSU telephone number on your window device.||How To Use Jabber Soft Phone|
|Clear Browser History||To clear browser history if some websites cause issues when loading or don't show updated contents.||How To Clear Browser History|
|OneDrive||To set up OneDrive and begin syncing your local files to the Cloud.||How To Setup OneDrive|
(Virtual Private Network)
|Some TSU technology services are not cloud-based, such as Banner9 login, Argos, and access to departmental file shares. These services require direct connectivity to the TSU network, which is facilitated via a VPN connection.||How To Install VPN|
|Forwarding Office Phone||To forward your office phone to another number (i.e., a mobile phone).||How To Forward|
|Voicemail||To manage your office voicemail account while working remotely.||How To Setup Voicemail|
(Banner's eLearning Library)
|The On-Demand Subscription Library (ODSL) is available with benefits including learning resources to improve Banner knowledge, 24/7 accessibility, course tracking, and more. To gain access to ODSL.||How To Access ODSL|
Don't Have Internet?
Here is information from national providers:
- FCC agreement stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots.
- Comcast COVID-19 response offers free WiFi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time.
- Charter Free Internet offer for 2 months.
- AT&T COVID-19 response offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families.
- Verizon COVID-19 response no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint COVID-19 response follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge (I expect others will follow).
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- Free wi-fi hotspots sponsored by Spectrum map to locate free wi-fi hotspots in your area.