History of TSU
The designation of Texas Southern University as a “special purpose” institution for urban programming provides a foundation for its programmatic goals.
In support of Texas Southern University’s mission statement the Office of Alumni Relations is committed to providing a foundation for its Alumni.
Office of Alumni Relations Mission Statement
The Office of Alumni Relation’s mission is to build a loyal alumni base that supports the University, its administration and programs through communication. The Office will promote the University’s goals and promote a spirit of unity and allegiance among graduates, former students, and friends.
The Office for Alumni Relations offers the following services:
* Serves as liaison to the Texas Southern University National Alumni Association.
* Attends quarterly Executive Committee Meetings of the National Alumni Association.
* Represents the Office for Alumni Relations at official National Alumni Association special functions to include banquets, luncheons, alumni class meetings, homecoming activities, recognition programs and other events.
* Serves as liaison in nurturing and building relationships with the alumni association and local chapters.
* Partners with the Texas Southern University National Alumni Association in publishing an Alumni Directory.
* Maintains an open door policy for alumni and friends of the university.
* Identifies and nominates alumni to national organizations for the purpose of recognizing the accomplishments of TSU alumni in the arts, business/industry, community service, education, entertainment, government/law, medicine, science, and for lifetime achievement.
* Maintains the Alumni Relations website. This site enables the Alumni Relations Office to update alumni records, post events, and inform alumni about special programs at the University.
* Collaborates with professionals, in similar offices, for the purpose of sharing challenges and opportunities in higher education alumni relations.
* Educates alumni and friends of the university on ways to give and volunteer.
Assistant Vice President of Alumni Relations & Special Events