Pharm. D. Admission Requirements
Thank you for your interest in Texas Southern University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (COPHS)! All prospective students interested in the Doctor of Pharmacy program are expected to review the admission requirements prior to submitting an application.
For PharmD admission criteria, please click on Admission Decisions tab and our FAQ sheet for more details about our requirements and the application process.Doctor of Pharmacy students who have a documented disability, as defined by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, will be referred to the campus Office of Disability Services (ODS). The College will make accommodations on a case-by-case basis with advice from ODS. Students with disabilities who require accommodations for full access and participation must be registered with ODS on the first day of enrollment.
Steps for Admission to the PharmD Program:
- Complete the PharmCAS application www.pharmcas.org and submit official transcripts of ALL institutions attended to PharmCAS. (Submit applications as early as possible in the cycle as the PharmCAS verification process may take up to 4-6 weeks).
- Complete the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences supplemental application (Application will not be reviewed for possible interview unless the PharmCAS application has been verified and the supplemental application has been submitted with the required fee to COPHS).
- Pay the required supplemental application fee of $100 HERE.
- Provide PharmCAS with PCAT scores (a copy of the preliminary scores should be uploaded with the supplemental application.).
- Complete the required Pre-Pharmacy coursework for Texas Southern University COPHS with a C or better. (NOTE: All prerequisites should be completed by the end of the spring semester before beginning the program, if admission is offered).
- Submit three letters of recommendation through PharmCAS. (Acceptable: U.S. licensed practicing pharmacist required, a math or science instructor, and/or supervisor/employer.)
- Complete the Apply Texas application for non-Texas Southern University (TSU) students (apply as an undergraduate transfer student with Pre-Pharmacy major).
- International applicants must have all international transcripts evaluated by approved Evaluation Services accepted by the university. Please see the link below for more information click here -> International Admissions.
- If an applicant has met the GPA, PCAT, and course completion requirements, then he or she may receive an invitation to interview via email.