Current TSU Students
Current TSU students are not required to complete another Apply Texas application. You are required to complete the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences supplemental application. The college does offer a supplemental application fee waiver.
Supplemental Application Fee Waiver
The Texas Southern University (TSU) College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (COPHS) supplemental application fee of $100 is required for a complete application. To receive a fee waiver, you must submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1st. If your fee waiver application is granted, our office will notify you and provide instructions.
To qualify for a fee waiver, a student must either:
- Be admitted to a TSU program, will have all pre-pharmacy prerequisites completed prior to enrollment, and have submitted the PharmCAS and supplemental application by November 1st
- Have received a PharmCAS application fee waiver
TigerRx Advantage Program
The College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (COPHS) offers an early assurance program known as the TigerRx Advantage Program.
Students admitted to TSU who have completed the pre-pharmacy prerequisites will receive acceptance into the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program if certain criteria are met.
TigerRx Advantage students are not required to take the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) for consideration for admission. To be considered for the TigerRx Advantage, a student must:
- Take ALL prerequisite math and science coursework at TSU. (Courses taken for college credit/advanced placement prior to high school graduation will not result in ineligibility, however any prerequisite math and science courses taken at other institutions after high school graduation may impact a student’s eligibility for the program.)
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of a 3.0 and a minimum math and science GPA of 3.0. (A grade of D or F in any math and science prerequisite course will result in ineligibility. Withdrawal from or non-passage of ANY prerequisite course may impact a student’s eligibility for the program.)
- Submit an application through PharmCAS and submit the supplemental application by November 1st, the year prior to enrollment in the professional curriculum.