The selection of the deans will be done in accordance with the guidelines as outlined in section 2.8 of the University's Faculty Manual which states: When a vacancy arises and there is a need to select a Dean for a school or college, a search committee shall be appointed by the Provost, the majority of whose members shall be selected from a slate of the tenured faculty elected from within the affected school or college. The remainder of the committee shall be determined by the Provost and shall represent students, alumni, and community practitioners from the affected discipline, and at least one tenured faculty member from outside the affected school or college.
The search committees will assist the Provost in the process of selecting a finalist for each dean position. Preliminary screening and the first round of interviews will be held in March 2019. Finalists will be invited to the campus for interviews April 2019. Once finalists are selected and submitted to the Provost, recommendations will be made to the President by the Provost. Pursuant to Board of Regents Policy, section 61.10, the President will submit the selected finalists for approval by the Board of Regents.
To ensure that all five (5) deans are in place for the Fall 2019 academic year, the following timeline has been established for hiring:
- Formation of search committees
- Meetings with search committees to issue their charge of responsibility in the search process
December 2018 – January 2019
- Announcement of openings
February - March – April 2019
- Screen potential candidates
- Begin preliminary interviews
- Present candidates
- Prepare search committees for the first round of interviews
- Finalist interviews taking place on campus
- Finalists named
- President submits finalist recommendations to Board of Regents for approval