*NOTE: Due to COVID-19 mandates we are working remotely. If you fill out an application or send an email to email@example.com one of our staff members will be in contact with you soon.
The TRIO Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) is a federally funded program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education. The purpose of the EOC program is to assist the educational needs of adults (19 years or older) as well as those that are eighteen (18) years or younger that are not being served by a Talent Search program. We support individuals wishing to enroll in postsecondary educational opportunities (i.e., college, university, vocational, and technical programs) by providing admissions assistance, information about financial aid (FAFSA, locating scholarships, loans, etc.), financial literacy, and more. Although we are housed at Texas Southern University (TSU) we do NOT recruit for any school/university and will gladly assist you in pursuing educational opportunities in and outside of the Houston area.
ALL of our services are FREE to individuals currently living in the Texas counties covered by our program (Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Colorado, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Walker, Waller, Wharton) and that meet eligibility requirements. We are available to remotely provide many of our requested services as well in order to accommodate you.
The Educational Opportunity Center offers:
- Assistance with completing admissions and financial aid materials
- Information on post-secondary educational programs including trade and vocational schools
- Onsite unlimited use computer lab
- Career planning and counseling
- Entrance examination information
- Testing workshops
- Personal counseling
- Scholarship information
- Referrals for public assistance and services
- Referrals to adult basic education and GED classes
- Provide follow-up support after the individual is enrolled in school
More information about the EOC program
- EOC Brochure
- EOC Newsletter