*NOTE: Due to COVID-19 mandates we are working remotely. If you fill out an application or send an email to email@example.com one of our staff members will be in contact with you soon.
The TRIO Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) is a federally funded program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education. The purpose of the EOC program is to assist the educational needs of adults (19 years or older) as well as those that are eighteen (18) years or younger that are not being served by a Talent Search program. We support individuals wishing to enroll in postsecondary educational opportunities (i.e., college, university, vocational, and technical programs) by providing admissions assistance, information about financial aid (FAFSA, locating scholarships, loans, etc.), financial literacy, and more. Although we are housed at Texas Southern University (TSU) we do NOT recruit for any school/university and will gladly assist you in pursuing educational opportunities in and outside of the Houston area.
ALL of our services are FREE to individuals currently living in the Texas counties covered by our program (Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Colorado, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Walker, Waller, Wharton) and that meet eligibility requirements. We are available to remotely provide many of our requested services as well in order to accommodate you.
The Educational Opportunity Center offers:
- Referrals to GED and other adult basic education classes including a limited number GED testing vouchers
- Assistance with completing the college, university, trade/vocational school admissions process
- Assistance with completing FAFSA and other financial aid applications
- Assistance with locating/choosing a postsecondary program for your chosen career
- Career exploration and goal setting
- Financial Literacy Information (budgeting, handling loans, etc.)
- Entrance examination information (ACT, SAT, etc.)
- Testing workshops
- Personal counseling (Life coaching)
- Scholarship information
- Referrals to public assistance and other services so that you can pursue a career
- Limited fee payment assistance for required entrance tests
- Follow-up support after the you are enrolled in a postsecondary educational program
- Onsite unlimited use computer lab