The objective of the Master of Science in Management Information Systems (MMIS) program is to educate a diverse group of students by providing them knowledge of and training in the use and management of computer-based management information systems. The MIS program at Texas Southern University provides tools and techniques to individuals in analyzing the management information functions of planning, organizing, staffing, and controlling in small to multinational business organizations and trains them for managerial positions in the Management Information Systems/Supply Chain Management areas of construction, manufacturing, wholesale/retail, energy, and healthcare industries.
Graduates of the MS in MIS program are equipped with:
- Skills in using computers and computer-based applications including popular business software and their applications to business.
- An understanding of Supply Chain functions and selected MIS applications in that area.
- Skills required to becoming knowledgeable users of at least one commercially available and popular MIS application with SCM focus.
- Skills required for analysis and determination of information requirements, and for developing Management Information Systems using commercially available application generators and packages.
- Thorough understanding to develop and operate efficient and effective supply chain management systems.
“Due to COVID-19 the GMAT/GRE requirement has been temporarily waived for all Master of Business Administration (MBA) applicants and Master of Science in Management Information Systems (MS in MIS) applicants through Fall 2021.”
The Master of Science in MIS degree requires thirty-three (33) hours of coursework, including three (3) hours of elective that allows students to obtain practical training in the MIS program. Course requirements for an MS MIS degree are described in the graduate brochure
Graduates will be able to meet the demand for new employees in the growing field of Management Information Systems. We prepare our graduates for upper level management career opportunities in:
- Business Intelligence
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
- Information Technology/Systems Analytics
- IT Business Data Analytics
- Computer Networking
- Supply Chain Management
- Financial Planning
Employment Outlook: According to Payscale.com, as of 2019, the average annual wage for holders of an MS MIS degree is $85,000.