Kase and Eileen Lawal Endowed Scholarship
The Jesse H. Jones School of Business is pleased to present the prestigious and highly competitive Kase and Eileen Lawal Endowed Scholarship opportunity to business students with an interest in international business and global trade. The scholarship is matched by the President’s Leadership Scholarship (PLS), allowing scholarship recipients to receive a $2,500 Lawal award, in addition to a $1,000 PLS award. Scholarship awards will be distributed to recipients’ TSU student accounts in the spring semester. The scholarship is renewable.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Enrolled full-time in a minimum of 12 semester credit hours (undergraduate) or a minimum of 9 semester credit hours (graduate)
- Open to undergraduate majors in accounting, finance, management, MIS, or marketing and graduate MBA and M.S. in MIS students with unconditional admission status
- Classified as a junior, senior, or graduate student in good standing, including transfer credits
- Overall grade point average of 3.5 or better
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online or completed and filed the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) form (for Non-U.S. Citizens/Texas residents) with the Office of Financial Aid, as required of scholarship recipients by the University
Scholarship Application Requirements:
- Demonstrated coursework – Official transcript from all colleges/universities attended (transcripts must be in a sealed envelope from the registrar)
- Short essay (500 words, double-spaced) describing your interest in international business and global trade as a career focus
- One letter of recommendation from a current or recent professor, student affairs staff, or employer
- Professional Resume’
- Professional Headshot (color)
Questions regarding this scholarship should be directed to Erica Vallier, Office of the Dean at Erica.Vallier@tsu.eduor 713-313-7215.
*Scholarship application opens in October 2018.