The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Grant Supports TSU Students’ to Finish What They Started.
Come back and we will help you fund your tuition!
Texas Southern University has received a $750,000 grant from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to cover tuition and fees for adults who started college but stopped attending before earning a bachelor’s degree. Operation Welcome Back involves TSU working with former students, who have not graduated from another college or university, to complete their degree at TSU. This could be an enormous down-payment on the “big goals” of your degree completion at TSU.This program is available to Texas residents who meet the following criteria:
- Have not been enrolled since Spring 2021 or Fall 2021
- Have earned college credit but did not graduate from any college or university (including community college)
- Graduate students are eligible
- Have minimum 2.0 overall cumulative GPA and were in good standing during your most recent semester at TSU
- Your work-related status has been affected by COVID-19 (for example, you were laid off, furloughed, or found the need to complete your education in a high-demand area such as engineering, or social work and etc.)
Eligible students can receive up to $2,500 per semester.
Notes: If selected, you will need to have a FAFSA on file or complete a new one. If selected, you need to have a current application on file or reapply if you have not attended in the past year.
Types of Grants