The online Executive Master of Administration of Justice program (eMAJ) is uniquely designed to meet the growing demand for mid-career professionals working in the area of law enforcement, courts, corrections, or social services. The program is delivered 100% online and is administered through the Blackboard Academic Suites. These platforms include live chats, online lectures, virtual classrooms, and teleconferencing capabilities. The basic requirements for the eMAJ degree are as follows: five years related work experience, completion of a bachelor’s degree, and two letters of recommendation. There is no GRE requirement for this program. Online eMAJ students must complete 36 credit hours for the degree. The degree is designed to be completed during a two-year period of full-time study.
Textbooks Included in Tuition
Overview and Teaching Methods
The Executive Master of Administration of Justice (eMAJ) program is uniquely designed to meet the growing demand for mid-career professionals working in the area of law enforcement, courts, corrections, or social services. The program is delivered 100% online and is administered through the Blackboard Academic Suites. These platforms include live chats, online lectures, virtual classrooms, and teleconferencing capabilities.
Applicants must provide:
- Evidence of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Current or previous employment in the field of criminal justice, social services, military, or fields
- An official transcript of all undergraduate coursework
- A grade point average in all undergraduate work of 2.50 (C+) or better or a grade point average of 3.0 on the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate course work
- Submission of a typed personal statement essay of 250 words or more stating career objectives, and reasons for desiring admission
- Two letters of recommendation
- A current professional résumé
- Note: The GRE is not required
- Official transcripts and payment (if not paying online) should be mailed to:
Additional documents can also be emailed to our graduate admissions email address at: email@example.com. Please be sure to mail the application fee of $50 check or money order, (payable to Texas Southern University), to the address above. No applications will be processed without payment of the application fee.
For More Information
Kaelynne J. Mason, LL.M
eMAJ Program Coordinator
Administration of Justice Department
Barbara Jordan- Mickey Leland School of Public Affairs
Public Affairs Building Suite 203
3100 Cleburne Street
Houston, Texas 77004
Phone: (713) 313-7943