The policies governing admission into the Doctor of Education program are as follows:
- An applicant must apply for admission through the Graduate School by completing the appropriate application form and uploading the required supplemental documents and meet the admission requirements of the Graduate School.
- Completed applications are routed from the Graduate School to the Department Doctoral Admission Committee for further screening and review. Eligible applicants are invited for an interview and recommendations are made to the College Admissions Committee.
- The College Admissions Committee, upon further review, makes recommendations to the Dean of the College who finally recommends qualified applicants to the Dean of the Graduate School.
- Upon decision, applicants are notified of the action taken on his or her application.
Students admitted with specified condition(s) must remove their condition(s) during the first semester upon admission.
- Must score at least 350 (Revised score: 143) on the Quantitative section.
- Must score at least 350 (Revised score: 143) on the Verbal section.
- Must score 350 (Revised score: 143) on the Analytical Writing section.
- Must have Master’s degree from an accredited university with a minimum overall GPA of 3.25.
- Must submit three (3) letters of professional and academic references.
- One (1) letter must be from the immediate, or most recent, supervisor of the applicant.
- Two (2) letters must be from faculty members from the last university attended.
- Other criteria specified in H-B 1641 will be considered.
- Writing sample: Applicant will submit a handwritten writing sample that must be 300 – 600 words, or score 550 on the Verbal Section, or 350 on Analytical writing, or take English 501.
- Applicants will be interviewed by members of the COE Admissions Committee.
- Oral Presentations: Applicants may be required to orally present a piece of work to the COE Admissions Committee.
Ed.D. in Curriculum & Instruction
Number of Credit Hours: 60
Degree Plan: Click here for C&I DP