Established in the late 1990s, is the gateway to positive living for students and their families. This unique structure is all about family – the TSU family and the constituents it serves. The Center On The Family takes seriously the University’s “special purpose designation” by providing high-quality programs and projects that support TSU’s recruitment efforts leading toward graduation. The Center focuses on: “Planting Seeds for Success and Educating for Life: Helping Families to Overcome Identified Barriers that may impede Productive Living.”
- Serve as an outreach center for the education and positive development of children, youth and families.
- Serve as a site for the development and dissemination of instructional and self-help materials.
- Act as a linkage/networking vehicle between the university and the community.
- Conduct research and generate data on families and children.
- Aging and Intergenerational Resources
- Parent-Child Learning Laboratory
- Neighborhood Centers - Financial Assistance for Childcare
- Crisis Intervention Unit
- Open Access Computer Laboratory
- W.R. Banks Child Development Laboratory
- Work Study Opportunities Program