STANDARD LICENSE AGREEMENT
- For companies that produce licensed consumer products that will be resold, such as items for sale at retail in local, regional and national retail outlets.
- Royalty Rate: 10%. (Royalty rate: 12% beginning January 1, 2017)
- Royalty Advance: $300 for apparel only companies, $150 for non-apparel companies and are based on the product categories of your license. Royalty advances are pro-rated based on a one-year contract.
INTERNAL USAGE LICENSE AGREEMENT
- For companies that produce licensed consumer products for sale ONLY to University departments and approved campus organizations for internal/non-resale use.
- All sales must be exempt from royalties (as determined by University licensing policy).
We encourage you to complete all of the requested information to the best of your ability, and please feel free to contact Learfield’s office with any questions you might have. Please note that any information not provided will be taken into consideration when reviewing this application and that Learfield Licensing may contact you to clarify any responses.
To download an application, click here. Take note that the same application will apply to both types of agreements. Some vendors may apply for both types of agreements and may use one application.
TEXAS SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY LICENSING FEES
- Fee to Apply for Texas Southern University License: $250 (not including royalty advance for standard license)
- Annual Renewal Fee to Hold Texas Southern University License: $150 (not including royalty advance for standard license)
*This fee is for licensees who only hold one contract with Learfield Licensing Partners.
- All licensees – regardless of contract type – are required to report royalties following the end of each quarter via Trademarx Online (http://learfieldlicensing.com/licensing/). If you do not have sales, you must submit a Zero Sales report.
- Each Licensee has a contractual obligation to carry liability insurance and provide a certificate of insurance for their products, which bear the property/trademarks of the institutions they wish to be licensed with.
- This liability insurance coverage is required, as a contractual obligation of licensing, to additionally insure the institutions the Licensee holds a license with and Learfield Licensing who represents these institutions.
For more information on trademarking or licensing, contact Office of General Counsel, Kedric Patterson at (713) 313-1325 or Kedric.email@example.com or contact Brand Manager Representative at Learfield, Payton Adams by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (317) 669-0806.