Ways To Get Support
Hannah Hall 320
Introducing Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation for the 2022-23 academic year
How did we get here?
Texas Southern University’s Learning Management System (LMS), Blackboard Learn, is core to the online learning experience for many TSU students. On August 13, 2021, we introduced a new, streamlined landing page in Blackboard Learn that allows students and instructors to more easily access important course information, including learning materials, grades, messages, calendars, and relevant links arranged in an Activity feed.
We offer trainings and workshops to meet faculty and student needs based on your level of comfort with technology. From beginner-level workshops to more advanced content development workshops, we are prepared to deliver one-on-one or group-based trainings to meet your needs.
Blackboard Resources for Online Instruction
The following resources are available to assist faculty make the curricula transition to online curricular delivery this semester.
- Here's the Spring 2022 Faculty Workshops catalog from TSU Online.
- Blackboard’s Webinar Training Series: Accelerate Your Transition to Remote Instruction. 3 different “product basics” webinars with 28 options to attend.
- Blackboard’s Webinar Recording: Prepare to scale online teaching amid Coronavirus (prerecorded).
- Blackboard Community Site where schools are sharing resources specific to Covid-19 (must register for the site).
- Blackboard Company Blog and Blackboard Covid-19 blog, with regular updates.
- Teaching Assistant request form (download here)
We provide instructional design services to build your online, hybrid, or face-to-face course(s) in Blackboard. Our instructional design team works with faculty to identify student needs, course goals and objectives, structure course materials, identify and utilize various media types to support the best learning outcome, and assist in course assessments and evaluations.Learn More
TSU Online evaluates, implements, and maintains a variety of education technology tools for use by faculty and students across the academy. Some tools are integrated into the Blackboard LMS while others are stand-alone third party tools or services. Our team is equipped to work with academic departments to evaluate teaching and learning needs and make recommendations on appropriate tools to meet identified learning outcomes.Learn More
Blackboard is the learning management system (LMS) of choice at Texas Southern. Blackboard training is provided to all faculty, staff, and students as requested on an individual, group, face-to-face, or web conferencing basis. Our objective is to provide services to those who want to familiarize themselves with specific Blackboard Learn topics or to refresh and update previous knowledge.